The Agnew Opera House was built circa 1865 and served as a cultural & entertainment center for the Shickshinny Area. The auditorium was used for high school commencements, traveling artist troupes, plays, and social events. It also supplied feed & fertilizer to local farmers. In 1927, it hosted the first ever basketball game for Shickshinny High School.
top of page
bottom of page